Image Map

Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels {perfect for today's big game!}

In honor of the regular NFL season which started this weekend, I want to share with you one of my favorite recipes to serve during the games. What goes hand in hand with football? Buffalo chicken!

I've shared my recipe for easy slow cooker buffalo chicken last year. Trevor and I love to make a whole bunch of it, have a few meals out of it, and freeze the rest in quart size bags. Those quart sized bags of buffalo chicken are perfect for today's recipe!

No matter if you've got the buffalo chicken ready to go or not, you'll need this Pillsbury product. I find it in the refrigerated dough section. If your store doesn't carry it, you can try crescent rolls or pizza dough instead.

If you're using your freezer stash of already cooked buffalo chicken from above, then you can skip the first step. If not, you'll need: one cooked and shredded chicken breast (the cooked part is important - no raw chicken here!), 1/4 cup of Franks Red Hot sauce, 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/4 of a cream cheese block, and 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles.

Mix together your chicken, hot sauce, sour cream, cream cheese, and blue cheese.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper {skip this step at your own risk!}. Now, roll out your dough (I sprayed a little EVOO down on my cutting board first to prevent any sticking) and use your fingers or a rolling pin to expand it into a larger rectangle.


Here's where it gets messy: spread your buffalo chicken mixture all over your dough! Make sure you get to all of the edges. Starting with one of the long sides, start rolling your dough onto itself. When you get to the end, pinch your edges as much as possible.

Start cutting your log into disks {I recommend cutting it in half first and then cutting each half into 8 disks}. Lay the disks on your parchment paper, then put your baking pans in the oven to bake for 15 - 20 minutes.

They look like this going in:


And like this after baking.


Remove pans from oven once the pinwheels are a nice brown color. Remove from baking pan within 2 minutes and serve warm. We like dipping the pinwheels in ranch, more Frank's, and in blue cheese dressing. This recipe yields 16 pinwheels.


Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got a batch or two of buffalo chicken pinwheels to whip up for this afternoon's game. Go Packers!

What's your favorite football food? Who are you cheering for today?


2 comments:

  1. Oh man, that looks awesome! I'm going to have to make this for the next Packer game :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments :) I read every single one! Leave me some lovin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...