Image Map

Easy Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Dudes, it's officially Fall.

I'm burning pumpkin scented candles,
have mustard, brown, burgundy, and orange decor all over my house,
and best of all, I'm eating all things pumpkin.

Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin cookies, and some very easy to make pumpkin spice muffins.

Because I have the best readers around, I thought I'd share how I make the yummiest muffins ever. 
You will want to grab a post-it and a pen to make a grocery list because it is in your tummy's best interest to stock up on the ingredients to make these muffins right away. I make about a batch a week {yes, we go through 12 muffins in a week between the two of us, don't judge!} when I'm feeling especially Fall-ish.

Here's what you need:
A box of cake mix - for this particular batch, I used the Classic White. I've had success with the yellow and the chocolate mixes, too, but my absolute favorite mix to use is a spice cake mix. 
A can of pumpkin - not pumpkin pie filling. Pump-kin. That's it. Only pumpkin.
Spices - I love using lots of cinnamon, nutmeg, and some pumpkin pie spice for good measure {when I'm not using the spice cake mix}.

Preheat your oven to 350*F
Put the cake mix, the whole can of pumpkin, and the spices in a bowl and mix. Mix, mix, mix!
I couldn't tell you how much of each spice I use because I never measure - I only eyeball it. I'd guess I use a couple tablespoons of cinnamon, a couple teaspoons of nutmeg, and a single tablespoon of the pumpkin pie mix.

Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray but don't use cupcake liners, they just get too messy with this specific recipe.
Then divide your batter up between the 12 cups.
I like to sprinkle some more cinnamon on top of the muffins before baking, so if you want to do the same, this is the time to do it!
Toss those puppies in the oven for about 20 minutes!

The muffins will puff up when they bake, but they'll hold their general shape. 
No dome-topped muffins here! Only delicious yumminess!


Let the muffins cool a bit and enjoy! I always make sure I have one warm out of the oven because it's in-cred-ible.
They freeze pretty darn well, so if you want to make a whole batch but only eat a few at a time, this will work well for you!

A touch of cake, some fall spices, and a lot of pumpkin! Sounds like the perfect Fall dessert {yes, we eat them as a dessert} or even the perfect baked good to eat while sipping your morning coffee.

Enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. these look amazing! i love pumpkin :P
    i'm gonna try this recipe - it doesn't seem so hard, right?

    btw, i love the name of your blog :) i'm your newest follower. hope you find the time to come visit me too sometime.

    many blessings,
    http://mustbeliberating.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you also use the ingredients to make the cake? Or just the cake mix and pumpkin? nothing else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the cake mix and pumpkin and spices. No eggs or oil or anything!

      Delete
  3. These look suuuuper good, Sara! And super easy. I like that there's really only 3 ingredients. PERFECT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are stinkin adorable! I love your blog!! I am a new follower. Come check out my blog at:
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    Follow me if you enjoy what I have to say! I'd LOVE that!

    Positively,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUMMY!!! Pinning! :)
    Thanks for linking up to MTM Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for linking up to the Pumpkin Patch Blog Hop! I've added this to my Pumpkin board on Pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've done this with a box of "Spice Cake" mix and the pumpkin and NOTHING else and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments :) I read every single one! Leave me some lovin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...