Image Map

Have You Met Laura?

Have you met Laura?
She blogs over at Food Snob STL and is my new foodie blog addiction!

Here's what she wants you to know about Food Snob:
My blog is dedicated to wholesome, healthy food made right in my tiny kitchen. My husband, the Food Snob, has Crohn’s disease, which requires him to eat different than most people. Around our house, we mostly follow the Maker’s Diet, eat organically and locally whenever possible, and eat mostly sugar-free (unless it comes from natural sources like honey or fruit). Needless to say, when we got married 3 years ago, this was hardly how I ate. Gone were the days of frozen pizza and pasta for dinner, and I had to learn how to really cook, read labels and take risks in the kitchen for the first time in my entire life.

My biggest goal in our home, and with this blog, is to provide wholesome, healthy meals that anyone can enjoy. When I tell people the diet we follow, the question I most often get is “what do you eat?” People are at times shocked to find out that we foods just like them, I’ve just figured out how to “tweak” them so that they won’t make the Food Snob sick.

Now that we have a baby (check out my Snobby Mommy posts for more baby info and posts) and I’m breastfeeding, I find that what I eat is even more important than ever. I want to lay the foundation for a healthy child and hopefully avoid any allergies or digestives issues like her daddy has. That being said, we’re human. We like convenience and hate doing the dishes and live on budget.

We try to follow the rules most of the time, but we still enjoy going out to eat, going to different events around St. Louis, having friends over, and sometimes a girl just needs some ice cream and hot fudge sauce ;) . The one rule we always follow is that around here, it’s okay to be snobby about what you eat.


Pretty darn fantastic, right?!? Healthy, wholesome, convenience, budget, ICE CREAM?! Um, hello, I think we could be besties!

If you've never been to Food Snob STL, head there now! While you're there, you need to check out her post on Pumpkin Cream Cheese Brownies and Thin Mint Cookies. I've already made a list of things to get at the store so I can make my own soon! She has A. TON. of recipes on her blog that range from boozy banana bread to entire menus for special occasions. 

I also learned about jicama while I was visiting - I've always seen it at the grocery store, but never knew what to make with it. Now I know and I've added jicama to my grocery list. I can't wait to try it out! Speaking of trying something out, this gazpacho recipe is on my to-make list before snowy flakes start to fall and it's too late to eat cold soups!

Stop by Food Snob STL and try a couple of her yummy recipes!

Don't forget to follow her on Pinterest, Twitter, and Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all of your comments :) I read every single one! Leave me some lovin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...