Image Map

Kool Aid Easter Eggs and How Time Flies...

...when you're busy!

Sorry that it's been a few days since I've checked in. Life was really nice and easy going when I woke up Monday morning. By noon it was anyone's guess if I was going to get out of this week alive.

Here I am, Thursday evening, after working in just about every department of the hospital in the past four days, taking two exams for school, and finishing up a huge project for biochemistry.

And you know what we're doing tonight?! Grilling out. Ah-maz-ing. It's finally in the low 40s here and we decided to break out the grill, pour ourselves some peach daiquiries, and  just enjoy each other's company.

I stopped at the grocery store after work today and picked up the goods for our Easter egg dyeing that's happening tomorrow night. I'm always looking for alternatives to the expensive dye kits in the store... plus, there's only two of us so we only really need to dye 6 eggs. What did I find that will solve all of our Easter Egg problems? Kool Aid! We grabbed three colors - blue, green, and red/pink. I've seen rave reviews online, so I'm incredibly excited (or should I say egg-sited! Ok, bad joke...) to see how these turn out for us. Stay tuned, I'll let you know!


(image originally found here - I take no credit for it)
In the meantime, follow me on Instagram (trisaratoppz) for a peek into our evening and to see how our eggs fare.

If you just can't wait, check out a few of these links to get you started with your own Kool Aid egg dyeing:
multiple colors on each egg
how to get those colors just right (and for solid colored eggs)


*UPDATE* We've dyed our eggs and I've posted our amazing results - check out this post for the full recap, including directions on how you can dye your own!

check this out!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your evening! Sounds like a great one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this on the koolaid website and pinned it...wanted to try it but didn't this year...can't wait to see how it works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand how busy life can get!! Case in point: I'm falling behind again on blogging. But at least this time I'm catching up less than a week after the posts :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments :) I read every single one! Leave me some lovin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...