Image Map

once you try kool aid eggs, you never go back

If you read yesterday's post, today's will make more sense. If you didn't, you probably should... go ahead, I'll be here waiting when you're done.

Alright! Now that you're all caught up to speed, here's the update some of you have asked for - our Kool Aid dyed Easter eggs!


It was as easy at it seems it would be - even easier than the boxed kits you can find in stores this time of the year. If you want to make it easy on yourself to make some last minute Easter eggs, this is not only a time saver, but a money saver, too!

Each Kool Aid packet was $0.20 cents at the Wal Mart near my house. I wanted a little variety, so I bought a pink one (Watermelon flavor), a green one (Lemon Lime flavor), and a blue one (Berry Blue flavor). Compared to the kits they were selling at $3.99 a pop, my $0.60 eggs kicked their butts!

After boiling my eggs, I dissolved each packet in it's own mug with 2/3 cup of water. Cold, hot, doesn't matter. Unlike the store bought kits, you don't need to use vinegar and your kitchen will smell like candy rather than pickles. I stirred up the water and the powder and put an egg in each mug using large spoons.

You don't have to wait long to see a drastic color change! As with the traditional method of dyeing eggs, I took mine out when they reached my desired color. I dried my eggs on a cooling rack (for cookies and cakes) and popped them into the fridge when they were dry (about 30 minutes later).

Our end results? Gorgeous Easter eggs!


They're so much more vibrant than any eggs I've dyed before! They were easier, quicker, made less mess, and cost much less than using the store bought kits.

I have nothing bad to say about this new method I've discovered - in fact, I like it so much we'll never be buying the kits ever again!

Have you dyed eggs yet this year? What method did you use?
If not, try using Kool Aid and let me know how it turns out! Tweet me (@YouAndMeAreWe) a picture; I'd love to see!

check this out!

4 comments:

  1. I sent this to my sister so she could do this with her kids. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why I never thought to use kool-aid. Great tip!
    Morgaine from Madcap Frenzy
    http://www.madcapfrenzy.blogspot.com/2013/03/totally-tuesday-link-party-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's awesome! I will definitely try next year...yalls kits were pricy though because ours was a only a 1.50! Still koolaid is cheaper and more fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good gravy I LOVE these! so bright and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments :) I read every single one! Leave me some lovin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...