Image Map

Project: Do You #4

Please note that this is a link up that focuses on individual self discovery goals. The goals you see below were set by me and for me only. If you choose to link up with us, please create your own goals to work toward and to update us on. If you are unfamiliar with Project: Do You, check out this post that introduces it before proceeding.


#1 - Read one book per month. I started Safe Haven this week. I'm only on chapter 5 or 6, but it's quickly sucking me in. On Friday night, we went to Barnes & Noble and I found two more books that I would love to read this year... so I'm sure I'll be heading back there to buy them soon!

#2 - Work out on a regular basis. On Thursday, I managed to bust out 250 leg lifts and I paid for it on Friday. Saturday morning (yesterday) was made up of 30+ minutes of cardio and more leg lifts/butt kicks/etc. I thought I was sore yesterday but this morning brought more pain. I have a love-hate relationship with being sore but the days after a workout are never fully complete until I am in pain :)

#5 - Plan a date night ahead of time for each month. Friday we went out to dinner and then to Barnes & Noble to cuddle up with books and magazines in front of their fireplace. Yesterday, we went to an afternoon showing of Silver Linings Playbook, went out for FroYo, and then came home for dinner and SkipBo. It was SO nice to spend time together, talk, and reconnect. It's so easy for us to fall out of practice when I'm working long shifts day after day but this weekend was just what we needed.

#7 - Shape eyebrows. I spent a bit of time in front of the mirror with some tweezers and I think I found a decent shape... it's not a 'forever' shape, but it'll do for now.

#16 - Get hearing tested again/look into surgery. The appointment with the ENT surgeon has been made! I'll be seeing him on March 14th and will hopefully get my hearing tested that day, as well. I'll keep you updated, but I'm hoping all goes well and that my results don't show a huge change in the deterioration of my hearing.

QUESTIONS

What made me blue this week?
I had a seriously hard time dealing with Trevor's employment situation this week. No matter what I did or how I tried to think, I was stuck dwelling on the negatives. I knew I was in a bad place, mentally. I knew I wasn't being positive about this tough situation. I knew I needed an attitude adjustment. But I didn't know how to make things better. My husband and family noticed the bad place I was in and approached me about it. I've always worn my heart on my sleeve - you will know if I am happy or if I am upset, that's for sure.

What made me happy this week?
Somehow, by some grace of God, Friday morning brought a clearer mindset and my attitude completely shifted. I had an exam that morning that I think I did pretty well on, I accomplished so much on my To-Do list, and felt happily balanced. In fact, I finally felt just plain HAPPY.

What did I learn about myself this week?
When I get into these slumps of negativity I have to just ride it out. I can't try and force something that isn't happening - it only makes it worse. However, I also know that I let my negativity get out of hand and involve other people. This is something I am working on.


I am a work in progress. We all are works in progress!
Looking to see how much progress I've made throughout this journey? You can always check here!


check this out!

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's so hard to not dwell on negatives, I'm trying to get better about that too.

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments :) I read every single one! Leave me some lovin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...