Image Map

When I Was Young...

Ready or not, here's another Summer Blog Challenge post!

June 20 - Photo of you as a young child

Finding an acceptable picture for this post has proven to be quite difficult! I don't really have photos of myself from when I was younger than late middle school - and let's face it, the years from age 12 to about 17 are just super awkward and weird which means any photos I have from then are not in the least bit flattering. I scrounged around Facebook and found a little beauty I'd like to share with you today.


Can you find me? Eh? No? I'm the cutie with the braids and the semi-smile on the left! And, this is proof that I already had a double chin before I lost my baby teeth. *sigh* I think it's here to stay...

I believe I was 6 when this photo was taken - for sure not older than seven - and we were all at a friend's birthday party. Also, please note the phenomenal party dresses we were sporting! Children of the eighties :)

I still keep in touch with the adorable girl behind me who is giving us all a big hug {her name is Maya and she blogs at Charmingly Styled - and whose Facebook page the above photo came from} but I haven't spoken to the other two in almost 20 years. Man, that makes me feel old.

Anyway, at this point in my life I was just barely a big sister. My little brother is five and a half years younger than I am so he was still teeny tiny when this photo was taken. I was about to move away to a much smaller town and start public school. I was a little awkward (aren't we all?!) and had tons of energy.

Oh, how times have changed. Thinking back to my childhood has meant the return of memories long forgotten. How sweet it is, really, how sweet it is. 

This post is part of the Summer Blog Challenge. To see more posts inspired by the challenge visit my Summer Blog Challenge page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all of your comments :) I read every single one! Leave me some lovin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...