Image Map

Cake Batter Cookies {with a healthy twist!}

Even though I have a love for all things organic and am a little bit more health conscious than the usual 20-something, I harbor a deep, deep love for sweets.


Maybe it's because my sugar intake was very controlled as a kid. Maybe it's just because I love candy, ice cream, and chocolate. Who knows! All I can tell you is that if you asked me to pick between giving up sweets and desserts for a year and giving up TV for a year, I'd hands down choose to eat candy.

My heart always skips a beat when I can find recipes that Trevor and I love made with healthier ingredients. You may remember my chocolate zucchini bread or easy pumpkin spice muffins - they definitely fall into that category.

The recipe I'm sharing with you today is my healthier version of cake batter cookies. It's incredibly simple and easy to make. Plus, the texture of these cookies is to die for - super soft and fluffy on the inside with a little crisp crunch on the outside. They're so good!



Here's what you'll need to do:

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.

Gather a box of confetti cake mix, 2 eggs, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1/3 cup of plain Greek yogurt.

Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in a separate, larger bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir it all up!

Plop rounded spoonfuls onto parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. {For the record, I made half my batch on parchment paper and half on a Silpat sheet - I couldn't tell the difference, they both work fantastically well.}

Your batter is going to have a sticky consistency.  I usually like to portion out my cookie dough using a cookie dough scoop to keep everything uniform but this batter only stuck to the scoop and didn't work. I found the best way to make these cookie-shaped was to transfer the dough from one spoon to another and make rounded piles of cookie dough on the sheets.

Bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes. I let mine get a little bit golden on the tops and they were perfect. Cool on a baking rack. Top with more sprinkles, if desired.

Enjoy!


Note: My batch made 39 cookies - though, I had quite a few larger cookies. If you make 39 cookies, each one is 60 calories, on average. However, you can definitely make smaller cookies that contain even less calories!

check this out!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They're pretty darn delicious, that's for sure! I've had a hard time finding cookie recipes that are soft and fluffy with a little bit of crunch but now that I've mastered this one, I'll be making them often!

      Delete
  2. YUM! Those look so good. I'm definitely going to have to try to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake batter cookies are one of my favorites!!! Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound delicious! And I love that they're healthier!

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments :) I read every single one! Leave me some lovin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...