Image Map

365 days to a better me

I don't "do" resolutions. Maybe it's because they're always broken before the month is through. Maybe because I don't think you need a start of a new year to try and make yourself "better".


What I am cool with is adding to my Goals page. Trying to be better inside and out. Holding myself accountable.

So, here's what I'm doing this year:

  • I need to take more time for myself. I get so caught up in helping other people and I find spending money on myself is sometimes hard to do.
  • I work 12+ hour shifts and purposefully dehydrate myself so that I don't have to go to the bathroom {because there's just no time to pee when you're a nurse!}. I am going to drink at least 2 hospital cups of water per shift - which is about 700mL... not the greatest, but still better than not drinking at all!
  • Take a vacation with Trevor before nursing school starts in October {if I get in!}. Jamaica would be our first choice, but depending on finances it may have to be something as simple as a weekend in Chicago.
  • Saving money. Trevor's working on finding a real world job now that he's done with school. We have student loans that we'd love to pay off, a $50K nursing program to {hopefully} pay for, a house to save for, a vacation to take and savings accounts to beef up!
  • Be healthier. I'm planning a post soon about my own version of clean{ish} eating this year but I'm also participating in this challenge to kick off the new year right. I love green smoothies, so I'm sticking with what I know and love!
  • Make more time for my husband. When he starts working regular hours, we won't be able to spend as much time together as we have these past couple of weeks and I'm going to miss it. We sacrificed our time together last semester but now that he's done with school we need to make our relationship more of a priority.
  • Finish this spring semester with a bang! I'm taking the last two classes before nursing school takes off and gets crazy hard and crazy busy. I'm going to make it count and learn as much about microbiology and biochemistry as possible.
  • Get into nursing school! This is out of my hands as I've already applied and the ball is rolling, but I'm keeping the faith alive that I will be getting an acceptance letter before June 1st.

You may see some follow up posts to this list, but because these are all personal standards I'm setting for myself, you also may not hear another peep about some of them. Stay tuned to see how the 7-Day Challenge goes!

How do you feel about resolutions? Do you love 'em? Hate 'em? Have you set any that are similar to the goals I've set?

4 comments:

  1. I don't do the traditional resolutions, of course making sure are finances are in good order is always the main one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit - I love 'em! But, I agree with you - we can always be bettering ourselves. :)

    How is the green smoothie challenge coming for you? If you do a post, please send it to me!

    http://therealfoodrunner.blogspot.com/2013/01/green-smoothie-challenge-day1-amazing.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what's so funny? I basically wrote a post just like this and didn't even look at yours until now lol. I don't like the word "resolution". I like goals that you can work towards to make yourself BETTER, not NEW. It's a good thing :) And I think you can accomplish all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture for this. I hope you achieve all of your goals. I really hope that you get into nursing school, which I am sure you will. =]

    Cody
    solemnsound.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments :) I read every single one! Leave me some lovin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...