Image Map

questions for you, questions for me

I've been reflecting on my blogging habits lately - now that I've been on winter break and have actually had time to write! - and I realized there are a few things that need to be said. I have some questions for you about You.And.Me.Are.We and I am hoping that you have some questions for me, as well!

I have some really great readers - I mean really great - that read and comment on a regular basis. I've been replying to their comments via email as to encourage more of a conversation and to make sure they're notified of what I'm replying. Because I do have some regular commenters who are 'no reply' bloggers, if you have commented here before and not received a reply, chances are that you do not have your email address linked to your account. Don't worry, it's easily fixed! Leisha explains here how you can quickly change that. And if your issue is because your blogger account is connected to Google+, then you will want to check out this step-by-step to fix it from Kristina.

So first, how do you prefer I respond to comments? Should I continue emailing my responses? Should I start replying directly to the comment and risk you not seeing it?

Second, I want to hear what you like and dislike about YAMAW! 
Should I do more tutorial posts? Cut back on the recipes? Host more giveaways?
Introduce more series? Talk more about my marriage? Talk less about nursing school? 
Would you like to see more guest posts? Should I post more or less often?
What keeps you coming back for more?

And since I'm asking that of you, I'm hoping you'll ask me some questions, too! Are you curious to know more about our marriage? Nursing school? Life in Wisconsin? My habits? My likes and dislikes? Let me know! I enjoyed the vlog I did right after Christmas and I'm ready to do another. I'd like to collect a few questions from you to address during the vlog so pretty please leave some questions below!

I started You.And.Me.Are.We as a place to document our marriage and our life as newlyweds without kids. As with anything around here, I reserve the right to turn down your suggestion or skip over a question if I don't feel it's a good fit for this blog. However, you should know that I'm an incredibly open person and usually will try just about anything once {except bungee jumping}. So don't get freaked out about my disclosure; leave your question and suggestions anyway!

check out one of my favorite blogs!

10 comments:

  1. Definitely keep posting comments & it will show up on email. Then y'all can reply back & forth using that tool. I feel you should blog about what you want. It is your blog. It isn't always about the readers but your journey. ;) have a blessed day & hope you'll come say hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, Morgan, you're saying you prefer me to reply to comments this way? I haven't had a lot of luck with it in the past but am glad to be trying things my readers suggest. Thanks for your input, my dear!

      Delete
  2. I love reading your blog and its range of topics! It's a great reminder that we are not just wives, just students, or just kitchen and laundry slaves lol. You are so well rounded and I enjoy reading about it :) Keep up the fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I feel like I write about so much and it's all over the place... and it makes me want to try and focus the blog on just one area of my life {like just student life, or just newlywed life, or just recipes} but I'm glad to know that the variety is refreshing for you! Thank you for the feedback - I'm glad you stopped by :)

      Delete
  3. Sometimes I don't remember to go back and check to see if I could a reply to my comment, that's why I love getting an emailed response. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. replying back and forth is good. i like it it seems more personal i guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know, thanks for your input! I'm going to try replying via comments rather than email for now and see how it goes. Thanks again :)

      Delete
  5. You already know I love all that you blog about, but I wanna know more about YOU! What your likes, dislikes, quirks, things you go crazy for, things you love and hate, what you do daily, how you chose nursing & why you continue with it (someone asked me why I stuck with being a teacher and they really enjoyed my answer - would love to hear yours)! Your hubs, your family life, where you grew up, where you live now. Why you blog, recipes, crafts, anything!! More you :)

    I love getting a reply via e-mail because then I know you saw the comment and are attempting to initiate a conversation - much appreciated as a fellow blogger.

    Love that you posted this, Sara. Miss you!

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees
    ventrellasara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marriage, marriage, marriage! I love getting insight into how other couples "do" marriage. It's always helpful for getting encouragement or even a laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have such a tough time deciding what to do with the comment question. I tend to reply on the blog but then know a lot of people don't see that I reply. I just want to make sure OTHERS can keep the conversation going - not just the person who started it! I'm considering replying both ways - via email and on the blog - to accomplish both goals but that seems like a lot of work so we'll see.

    Those are my only thoughts tonight. Way too long of a week :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments :) I read every single one! Leave me some lovin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...