Image Map

Sunday Social

When I first read the questions for this week's Sunday Social, I was over them. As in, the voice in my head said "Yeah, not cool... it's not time for Fall stuff yet! I'm still eating my corn on the cob and swimming in lakes as warm as bathwater. Not cool, not cool."


But then I started thinking about the questions a little more.
And I started dreaming of the Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks.
Oh, heavens to Betsy, I love those.

That's when I thought to myself, "Eh, we still have a few weeks left of summer. I'm definitely going to enjoy them but I gotta realize that summer's coming to an end." After I was done slapping myself in the face with a dose of reality, I kind of started looking forward to this chance to tell you about what I love about Fall.

Of course, it's not my favorite season {nope, that'd be Spring!} but it's also not as dreadful as Winter. So I better just accept the fact that it's going to be pumpkin carving time before I know it.


1. What is your favorite Fall activity?
Um, does pulling out the cardis count? I am a sucker for a comfy sweater!


And making pies. Last year I made individual pumpkin pies and this perfectly baked apple. So.Good!

2. Do you follow a football team? if so which one and why?
Living in Wisconsin, I'm forced to follow the Packers. It's a way of life here and there's no escaping it. I'm not a die-hard fan. You won't see me crying if they lose a game. You won't see me cussing out players on Twitter for dropping a pass. You won't see me going out of my way to find tickets to their games.


You will see me grocery shopping while the game is on TV - um, hello, can you say best-time-EVER-to-grocery-shop!? You will see me excited to have family over to watch a game on Sunday. You will see me making yummy snacks for everyone to eat while the game is on.

3. What is something fun about Fall in your area?

We have a fun pumpkin patch/corn maze/fall-extravaganza farm nearby and we love going to eat caramel apples and pick out pumpkins. Last year we didn't carve our pumpkins until the night before Halloween. Hopefully this year we can be a bit more on-the-ball and have those suckers out on the front steps for a week before the Trick-or-Treaters come!

4. Fav Fall outfit staples?

Cute cardis, jeans, zip up hoodies {yeah, so what if I dress like I'm in high school on the weekends?!}


Maybe this doesn't count as "outfit staples" but I'm a huge fan of Essie's Hot Coco with Matte About You on top. Perfect. Fall. Mani. Perfect!
(source) ...now just imagine this color matte... Google image search failed me

5. Thing you are looking forward to most about this coming Fall season?

Cooler weather! And planting Fall mums on our front porch - I love Fall mums. They put a big smile on my face when I pull into the driveway and see them :)

6. Favorite Fall holiday? Traditions?

Thanksgiving is my favorite Fall holiday {not like there are a lot of Fall holidays to choose from} because we get to spend a whole day with the family eating delicious food. My favorite part? It's a tie between the green bean casserole and the homemade pumpkin pies.

I am officially ready to start thinking about Fall goodness! I hope it's not too early, but I'm itching to find a time to head to the orchard and get some apples to make an apple pie!

What are your Fall favorites?

Sunday Social

2 comments:

  1. Oh dang that apple pie looks absolutely amazing!

    I can't wait to have a house and plant something like fall mums. Is gardening hard? We're in the process of building our own house so it would be a while anyways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! First of all, I'm jealous that you're building your home - I SO wish I could say the same thing right now, you have no idea! Anyways, about your question. Gardening is what you put into it. We have a nice patio garden that we've been eating from for a couple months now. It's been a lot of watering and a little weeding, but otherwise it's been good to us. If you want a big garden you're going to have to put a lot of time into it. If you just want some flowers and tomatoes, you should be just fine as long as you water them! Here are more posts of mine regarding gardening - you may find a tip or two you can use when you finally can do your own gardening (http://youandmearewe.blogspot.com/search/label/gardening)!

      Thanks for stopping by! I'm so happy you found your way here :)

      Delete

I love all of your comments :) I read every single one! Leave me some lovin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...