Image Map

Advice for a Child

July 14 - One piece of advice you want to give to your child. - submitted by me :)

As you know, hubby and I don't have any kids {yet} but we do have a nephew that's 19 months old.

When we do have kids, I have so many things I want to teach them but as young kids I want to impress upon them to be kind to others. There is not enough kindness in the world and it's such an important trait to have. It will make a world of difference in how others treat them.
(buy the 'be kind' decal here)
As they get older, I hope they understand how to be graceful. That means taking the high road and not responding with snarky comments to those who are bitter. That means to be respectful to their grandparents and great-grandparents. That means to appreciate the small things in life and not to take "stuff" for granted.
(via)

This post is part of the Summer Blog Challenge. To see more posts inspired by the challenge visit my Summer Blog Challenge page!

3 comments:

  1. You are right- there really is not enough kindness in this world. But we can change that with our children. You will be a wonderful mother one day, my dear. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Raising children who understand and practice kindness, and can gracefully handle everyday and difficult situations is wonderful! I agree with FrugalFoodieMama...you'll be a great mom with these guiding values that you want to share with children!

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments :) I read every single one! Leave me some lovin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...