Image Map

Failure Is Not An Option AKA I'm An Overachiever

July 7 - Something you would attempt if you knew you wouldn't fail.

This is a hard post for me to follow for a few reasons.

1) Some may say I'm a perfectionist. If I start something, I'm gonna finish it... and I'm gonna kick it's butt while I finish. Oh? You want real life examples? For starters, I decided the first couple of weeks of my senior year of high school that I wanted to graduate early (at semester) so I managed to do a whole year's worth of work in a couple of months. I took independent study courses online and worked on them mostly every night. And even though I knew I wasn't going to use my teaching bachelor's degree, I still finished it... Magna Cum Laude. Yeah, I may be a bit of an overachiever perfectionist. Maybe.

2) I don't really think about things I don't think are possible. If I think of it, I know ways I can make it happen. You know, I don't think about becoming president one day because I wouldn't ever want the job. I do, however, think about how I can help people and how I can use my heart to do so. I've never been one to dream big and then not be able to get to where I want to be. It's just not how I work.

With that said, I think one day I'd love to be helping people live better. Heck, I think I already am doing that! Maybe that's why nursing is such a good career match for me... I can heal people who are sick. I can teach them how to help themselves. I can provide a safe place to voice their concerns. I can use my compassion to make them feel loved and valued.

So, you want to know what I would attempt to do if I knew I wouldn't fail?!?! How's this for an answer: I don't attempt to do something unless I know I won't let myself fail.


This post is part of the Summer Blog Challenge. To see more posts inspired by the challenge visit my Summer Blog Challenge page!

6 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed blog hopping today. I have joined your site and hope you visit and join mine. Thank you so much, Katie msqueenfashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly how I feel about the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the famous ?..what would you do if you knew you would not fail? fear keeps so many people from even attempting change..I say go for it! if you give your best all around effort...you don't fail!!
    I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you found the perfect career match for your interests and skills. Your confidence is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you found the perfect career match for your interests and skills. Your confidence is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had that personality trait! I, unfortunately, tend to be the opposite. Unless I'm really passionate about something then I couldn't care less if I follow through with it or not. I know that's a HORRIBLE way to be. I'm just great at rationalizing why it's ok to give up:/ But the flip side is that I try a bunch of different thing to find out what I really like! Stopping by from the blog hop! Am now a new follower:) Would love if you could follow me back!
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846
    https://twitter.com/LoveMyMamaDrama

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments :) I read every single one! Leave me some lovin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...