Image Map

Bridal Shower Gift Idea

One of my oldest friends is getting married in six weeks. She and I don't live in the same city, but when we find time to get together {usually over lunch at Panera} we have a great time catching up.


She is marrying a great guy who is perfect for her. She loves her future in-laws {so important!} and cannot wait to be a Mrs. on September 8th. I cannot wait to stand next to her and be a part of her special day. She was there for me on my wedding day and I'm honored to repay the favor.

We threw her a bridal shower a few weekends back. So many people came and we had a wonderful time eating yummy food, playing games, and watching the bride {and groom - he came, too!} open gifts.

I had a hard time finding something that I knew she'd like. Of course, they registered for gifts... but when a close family member or friend is the person of honor, I like to personalize things a little bit. I thought back to the great gifts I got at my bridal shower. My mom quilted me a beautiful wall hanging that I will be able to hand down to my kids one day. To me, handmade, heart felt gifts are incredible special.

Finally, I decided I'd highlight their wedding date. They've been looking forward to this day for a long time {they got engaged only a few months after Trevor and I did} and, because they're also expecting a baby {oh.my.gosh. I am so excited!!!}, it will mark the day that they become a family - a Mr., a Mrs., and a little bean.

I found a 3-opening frame that fits 5x7 photos and embellished it with their {future} shared last name. It looks great with the wedding date in the photo slots, but if they decide they want to replace the numbers with some of their wedding photos later it will look just as wonderful!

The only supplies I used were: the frame, some scrapbook letters, colored paper to match their wedding colors, 3 5x7 photos of numbers, and some sort of glue/tape/adhesive.

Then, I put it all together and had to run to Walgreens to print the photos {side note: for some reason, they couldn't get my photo order right... it took three tries before I could actually put the photos in the frame!}
I was able to find the pictures I wanted online as stock images but I initially wanted to take my own photos. Since I was running out of time, I just went the online route but in the future I'd take an afternoon and hunt down the numbers in my own city.

My dear {beautiful} friend and bride-to-be with the finished product.

What do you think? Do you have any bridal showers or weddings coming up? This could be a great gift option!


Shared at Tatertots & JelloPincushion Creations, Katie's Nesting Spot, Shaken TogetherChic on a Shoestring Budget, At the Picket Fence, 504 Main, Six Sisters' Stuff, I Heart Naptime, Singing Three Little BirdsNatasha in Oz, A Lived In Home, CraftOManiac, Jam's Corner, I Should Be Mopping the Floor, & Sassy Sites!
 Visit thecsiproject.com

25 comments:

  1. Found you from the GFC Blog Hop and am a new follower! I absolutely love this idea and will most likely be stealing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a cute idea! You could even do a version of this for after the baby is born with the birth date. Make it a matching set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! So cute! Wish I had that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this idea! i might just have to try it :)
    just found your blog and excited to be your newest follower!
    love,
    elisabeth
    p.s. drop by and say hi @ lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will DEFINITELY be pinning this!! Did you photograph the numbers yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the feedback everyone; I'm glad you stopped by!

    Charis's Mum - THANK YOU (!!) for the question! I updated the post to say that I wished I would have taken my own pictures but because of a time crunch I didn't - I used stock images found online.

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a darling gift!!! must keep in mind!

    Come say hello over at nichollvincent.blogspot.com and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! I never know what to get for bridal showers and this looks so cute!

    I'm here from the follow party :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! Very cute and what a personable gift! I would love for you to come link up your blog to my Get social Sunday link party!

    http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2012/08/get-social-sunday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely precious!! So fun and personal...what a fabulous gift. Would be super delighted for you to link up with us over at Mop It Up Mondays: http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/08/mop-it-up-mondays-28.html

    {HUGS},
    kristi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! Stopping by from the Marvelous Monday link up at Jam’s Corner. This is such an adorable gift idea that would totally work for a baby shower, too. Love it! I'm pinning it now! I hope you’ll visit me at jugglingactmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm co-hosting with Marvelous Monday this week - this is a great idea! Glad you shared it. I'm a new follower too.. come back and follow me if you like :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a fun idea! I found you at the CSI Project challenge! I really like it! I'm excited to look around your blog some more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome, Jess! Meeting new bloggers is one of my favorite parts of blogging, so I'm glad you found You.And.Me.Are.We :)

      Delete
  14. This is so cute! Handmade gifts are always the best. Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is nicely done and the design is just perfect.Idea is great.Pooh Baby Shower

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a cute and nice handmade gift ideas i like it,thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is awesome! I really think that personalized gifts are way better than those that you buy. Simply because you are able to personalize it according to how you know the recipient would surely appreciate. Nothing beats a present with a personal touch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this! There is nothing better than a personalized gift.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Any friend who'll be married soon would be very, very happy to get a gift like that! It is because of its personal touch and the fact that it is also very cute! Thanks for sharing this fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice idea. it would love to try this. Perfect personalized gift.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi, Love your blog!Such a cute and nice handmade gift ideas i like it,thanks for sharing this post.send gifts to Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice idea. it would love to try this. Perfect personalized gif.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very interesting wedding gifts ideas here. :D Keep up the good writing dear author!

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments :) I read every single one! Leave me some lovin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...