Image Map

You Put WHAT on Your WHAT?!

July 15 - Share any makeup routine tips. - from Libby

Ever have those days where your makeup just melts off of you?
By noon it looks like you have nothing on?

I have fairly oily skin. Even though I'm in my mid-20s, my skin is worse now than it was when I was in high school. Go figure. Anyway, I know all too well about makeup melting off my face!

One year, for a birthday gift, my mother-in-law bought me a bunch of Smashbox primers. There was an eyelid primer, a lip primer, an eyelash primer, and {my favorite} Photofinish foundation primer.

Man, I used that stuff all the time. And it worked. And I was happy.
Until the little tube ran out.

So I hopped online hoping to buy another tube of it... and my jaw dropped. Because they wanted me to pay $40 for an ounce. One single ounce. I didn't realize that it was like liquid gold!

Being my little super sleuth self, I started doing some digging online looking for a place I could buy it for cheaper. I noticed a couple forums mentioned an alternative... but I thought they must be kidding... because, no, you wouldn't put THAT on your FACE...

Finally, my curiosity got the best of me. And I'm glad it did! Because one trip to Target later I had found a tube of makeup primer for one eighth of the cost and 1.5 ounces of the Smashbox stuff... and it worked even better than the Photofinish!

So I bet you wanna know what it is...

Don't go thinking I'm a weirdo because I tried this.

In fact, you should be trying this too.
Really. You should.

I put Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel on my face and it worked better than the name brand liquid gold. Yeah. I said Monistat. You know, like the yeast infection people... yeah. But it's important to know that you're not putting yeast infection medication on your face - you're putting a skin protectant on that helps keep your makeup from melting off. It goes on as a clear gel and quickly dries into a powdery finish.
(source)

You need to get to Target and try this yourself. Or click on the link up there and order it from Amazon.
You're going to regret it if you don't!

It's summer which means it's hot which means that your makeup doesn't stay on as well which means you're feeling self conscious which means you may not be 'wowing' your boss which means you may not get a raise {even though you totally deserve one} which means you probably should be saving money where ever you can which means you shouldn't spend $40 on makeup primer which means you need to buy the Monistat. Stat.

Try it! Then let me know what you think, I'd love to hear from you!

This post is part of the Summer Blog Challenge. To see more posts inspired by the challenge visit my Summer Blog Challenge page!

Shared at A Pinch of Joy, & My 1929 Charmer!

12 comments:

  1. Bwhahaha! I would have never never thought of that. What a fun substitute for your face.

    What is up with skin being worse after high school? I do more to it now than I ever did then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the makeup industry sells the smallest tube of product for millions. They act like their product is the best. I like the idea of the monistat

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a genius tip! Luckily for us it's hardly ever hot in England, but when I come to the USA I'll be getting some! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tips like this one! I mean, who knew?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In my many years of being a makeup junkie, I have heard that Monistat Anti-Chafing Gel works many a time, but I've never tried it. You're right, though. The cosmetics industry has a hold on us!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have actually heard about Monistat from a few other bloggers... I have been pretty nervous to try it myself, but it seems like we have the same skin type because mine is pretty oily too! I also used to use Smashbox primer, but can't justify spending that much all the time! I think I may have to make a trip to Target and pick me up some Monistat and try it myself! Thanks for the suggestion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beauty creams are outrageous! I'm so glad you told me about this. I'm going to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you're trying out the trick, let me know know it works for you :) It's a little weird shopping for makeup next to the yeast infection stuff and condoms, but it's totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beauty creams are ridiculous in price so I was glad you shared this! I'll give it a try. So glad you shared your creative inspiration with Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this thrifty hint and will certainly give it a try. Though, I always wonder about these great out of the box ideas -- who was the first to try this and why??? ;o) thanks so much for linking on Busy Monday! Hope to see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome tip!I would need to find a similar product in europe!

    =)
    dailylivingingeneva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments :) I read every single one! Leave me some lovin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...