Image Map

Beat the Summer Heat

July 23 - How do you beat the summer heat?

Honestly? I go to work. Pathetic, I know.
But hospitals always have to be cool enough for their patients... and it's their dime to cool the place, not mine! Perks of the job, I suppose.

We don't have central air at home - only a window unit that cools our bedroom - so when it's hot out we spend 99% of our time at home in our room. We set up a card table to eat dinner, we chat, we do homework, and we try not to get too sweaty. We're lazy bumps on logs when it's hot out!

Besides staying indoors where it's air conditioned, I enjoy eating really, really cold watermelon. Have you ever tried almost-frozen watermelon? You should! It's so refreshing.
(source)
Another favorite is to head to our nearest lake on a hot day. Even if the water is warm, it's still great to hang out in the water especially if there's a nearby tree who's shadow we can hide under.

Trevor and I also like to use the heat as an excuse to eat ice cream but let's be honest - we never need an excuse to eat ice cream!

What do you do to stay cool when it's hot out?


This post is part of the Summer Blog Challenge. 
To see more posts inspired by the challenge visit my Summer Blog Challenge page!

7 comments:

  1. We tend to stay indoors as well when it is really hot. With the summer being as hot and humid as it has, we've been able to get a lot of indoor projects done that we've been wanting to do for some time.

    Never have tried almost-frozen watermelon. Sounds refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the idea that the a/c is on them employers dime not yours.... never saw it quite that way! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole family LOVES watermelon... so almost-freezing it sounds very awesome. ... added to my to-try list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had frozen watermelon before... with vodka in it. ;) lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm, I love cold watermelon! So good. :D Just until recently, we also had a window unit in our room. So, I would just sort of camp out in the room 24/7. I know your pain. :( Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frozen watermelon sounds SO good! I'm going to have to try that! I found you via the July Blog Hop and am happy to be your newest follower! I'd love a follow back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you all have had much success with almost-frozen watermelon! It's been so hot in Wisconsin this summer, I could eat a whole watermelon {almost frozen, of course} every week if I let myself!

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments :) I read every single one! Leave me some lovin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...