Image Map

Pet Peeves

July 9 - What are some of your biggest pet peeves?

I am generally a tolerant person. Generally. Unless I've had a bad day. Then I am... oh, let's just say I'm much less than tolerant ;)

Anyway, my point is that I don't have a lot of pet peeves. And the ones that I do have are totally situational and based on my mood.

However, there is one thing... one thing that I cannot stand when it happens to me.


It makes me feel like I'm in fourth grade again just saying this, but I cannot stand being left out of things. Oh, it just drives me bonkers.


 My feelings get hurt, I feel like I got kicked in the stomach, and I get panicky.


But I mean come on - you don't invite half of a group to do something in front of the other half too. That's just tacky. And bad manners. Didn't your mother teach you right?


Oh, it takes me back to elementary school when I was bullied. I feel like I'm getting sideswiped and basically being told that I'm not cool enough to be friends with or that I can't be trusted to keep a secret.


Funny how things like being left out can take a twenty-something girl and make her feel like she's eight again.


This post is part of the Summer Blog Challenge. To see more posts inspired by the challenge visit my Summer Blog Challenge page!

2 comments:

  1. I think at any age being left out - particularly when you know others are being invited to something or being included and you're not - is painful. Having been bullied throughout the school years, it does bring up some difficult memories. Am happy to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! That's the worst feeling, though. I know exactly what you mean. Being bullied in any way isn't a nice feeling to go through, and I -always- think of elementary school when that happens. Glad to know I'm not alone in feeling this way. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments :) I read every single one! Leave me some lovin'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...